My personal goal is not only to provide all of my patients with the highest quality of orthodontic treatment, but also to have a positive impact on their lives during the time they are with our practice. There are so many young people in this world, facing and dealing with unbelievable difficulties in their lives, and I want our office to be a space where they always know they are respected and cared for.
I love getting to know my patients during an important, often pivotal, time in their lives, and watching them mature from children to young adults with healthy, awesome smiles. Since orthodontic transformations happen over time, I am allowed to develop real relationships with my patients, getting to know their fascinating, unique personalities.
I love watching their self-confidence grow, along with how they feel about the world. They walk taller and straighter, they’re more inclined to initiate a conversation, and they smile faster and easier, all because they feel better about their appearance. It’s humbling to be a part of making that happen.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – Austin Peay State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Tennessee College of Dentistry
- Master of Dental Science and certificate of advanced training in orthodontics – University of Tennessee Department of Orthodontics
Although my degreed education has given me a strong foundation in orthodontics, I know there will always be more for me to learn. I attend continuing education courses offered at meetings on the regional, state, and national levels. I also teach the current literature review course for the residents at the University of Tennessee Department of Orthodontics, and am an instructor for the Charles Tweed Orthodontics Study Course, which is one of the top orthodontic courses in the world.
I teach one day a week at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, I serve on the Southern Association of Orthodontists’ scientific affairs committee, and am a past president of the Memphis Association of Orthodontists.
Through my studies, and my work with the residents, I am constantly expanding my knowledge and skills, which enables me to serve my patients better.
- American Board of Orthodontics, board certified
- American Dental Association
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Mississippi Association of Orthodontists
- Mississippi Dental Association
- Memphis Association of Orthodontists
- Charles H. Tweed International Foundation for Orthodontic Research and Education, instructor
- University of Tennessee Orthodontic Alumni Association
Outside the Office
I was raised in Newbern, Tennessee and now call Southaven home. My wife Amanda and I have two sons, Reed and Amos Ray.
Our church, Hope Baptist, offers many different opportunities to serve our community and I avail myself of many of them. I am passionate about my faith, my family, and the Hope Baptist youth group in which my wife and I serve.
I enjoy hunting and fishing, playing basketball and ultimate Frisbee with the Hope youth group, playing the saxophone and guitar with Hope’s worship team, and watching SEC football.